This landscaping project required careful attention to detail and consideration with regard to the site and home under renovation. The home has a flat roof and open floor plan with a mid-century modern architectural style.
- Working with severe grade or topography.
- Limited space and heavily wooded site, which posed equipment some challenges.
- House was not built to current codes, and the foundation was not frost protected.
- Yard was terraced with aging flagstone and cobblestone walls that needed to be replaced.
- Necessary to regrade yard which meant hauling out. Took out dirt and debris to regrade.
- Landscape design solution that compliments the mid century modern architecture.
Retaining Wall and Landscaping Solution
- Consistent customer communication and interaction throughout design process with multiple options presented for design elements.
- Use face panels made with EnduraColor concrete finish that would be long lasting and hold vibrant color.
- Keep everything modular with face panels in order to carry over the architectural style.
- Use simplistic, traditional design criteria.
- Incorporate shrubs such as boxwood, hydrangea, and roses as well as ornamental grasses and perennials complimentary to the home’s simplified mid-century modern architectural style.
Landscaping Materials Used
- UniLock Products: U-CARA Wall System
- Locally grown shrubs and perennials
- Drainage system
- Grass seed rather than sod
To see other examples of recent projects, visit our “before and after” section or contact us at (630) 932-8966 for a free, no-obligation consultation.